Volunteer Leaders at Grozone
Ever thought of becoming a Volunteer Leader?
We are looking for suitable people (aged over 18) to help run some of our sessions and support our regular volunteers - some of whom have physical or learning disabilities or mild anxiety and depression.
If your ambition is to work in the environmental sector, volunteering at Grozone could provide some valuable experience and be a great addition to your CV.
Ideally you'll be....
- Able to commute to Grozone
- Friendly, calm and non-judgemental
- Willing to be trained in how to run activities at Grozone
- Willing to join in with, and sometimes lead, a range of tasks
- Willing & able to work outside in all weathers
- Able to closely follow instructions from Grozone Staff
- Have or be willing to have DBS check
- Have or willing to undertake First Aid Training
- Able to dedicate at least 1day a week (we can be flexible)
- A good timekeeper
- Knoweledgeable or experienced in horticulture (not essential)
We can offer...
- A chance to develop practical conservation and gardening
- Experience of working with and managing volunteers
- Experience of working with people with learning difficulties
and mental health problems
- Opportunities to plan and run small scale projects
- A chance to be part of a flagship environmental project and
- Meeting people and making friends
- Opportunities to enhance your CV
- First-hand experience of the benefits of working outdoors on health and wellbeing.
- An easily accessible workplace with parking onsite and
Northwich railway station nearby.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Leader or for more information please contact:
Pete Attwood on 01606 723160 or 07849 069573 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a short, informal interview to see if you are suited to the role and we recommend that you come and spend time at Grozone as a volunteer first, to experience Grozone first hand. We look forward to seeing you!